Germany is one of many places in Europe which never fails to attract tourists from just about every part of the globe due to its scenic landscapes and truly breathtaking surroundings. With its rural setting which invokes small town charm. it’s become quite the tourist attraction, and if you wish to visit Germany you might want to consider dropping by at the following areas for a very memorable experience.
1. Cologne Cathedral – This is known to be one of the most visited attractions in all of Germany, with the cathedral being over 600 years old and with its marvelous architecture still present, carrying with it a Gothic vibe that never fails to impress. This cathedral is believed to house the remains of the 3 Wise Men who visited Jesus’ as an infant in the manger.
2. Neuschwanstein – This is a castle that was constructed by King Ludwig II, and can be found standing adjacent to Bavaria’s most magnificent mountain range, the Alps. It is said to be a castle that is the stuff of fairy tales and is often visited by many tourists. This also happens to be the main inspiration for Sir Walt Disney’s magical kingdom, Disneyworld’s landmark Disney Castle.
3. Heidelberg Castle – Any tourist should never fail to visit this landmark of historical significance. This is considered to be one of the world’s most fantastic attractions and the city of Heidelberg is one that would also captivate you with its charm.
4. Checkpoint Charlie – This border crossing point was first established way back in 1962, and showcases one of Germany’s most popular attractions, the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie€ Museum. In here, you will get to see the history of the Berlin Wall and an exhibition of the city’s partition. Every historical artifact of utmost significance for Germany and its people are preserved and featured in here.
5. Saxony Switzerland – Saxony Switzerland is one of many areas that any tourist planning to visit Germany should never miss out on, considering it is home to the area’s most popular locations, the Saxon Switzerland National Park. When you make your way to the park, you will be at awe with the beauty of the scenery, guaranteeing to steal your heart and capture your imagination. Of course, you should never forget to take a camera with you so you can actually take pictures of the magnificent rock needles, gorges and cliffs in the area.
This places are very attractive to see.